Saturday, May 14, 2011

Clouds, what clouds?

This morning I decided cloudy skies be damned, I will make my own sunshine. I got up grabbed my laptop and car keys and decided I was going to go to the beach. Who cares if the sun isn't out and it's only May 14, to me there is nothing like smelling the salty air, feeling the breeze and hearing waves crash. I was all set until I put the keys into the ignition..nothing, nada, zilch! What the....are you kidding me? ok don't get crazy what is your plan b? Well since my car is parked in the garage I don't have to worry about it just yet. I mean living in NYC I do have access to the best public transportation. So my plan B? Hmmmmm

I grabbed my stuff and headed to the fountain by my apartment. I can still feel a gentle breeze and hear the splashing of the water courtesy of the beautiful fountain and although I don't have the sea air, I can smell coffee brewing from the diner steps away (another favorite smell) so see it all worked out. I found my sunshine after all and by the looks of the few people out here with me (it's only 8:15 a.m) they have too. Cloudy skies be damn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home