Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Life in France...ah New York

Ok so today marks the second Sunday I have been channeling my inner Julia Child. Yes, like countless others I have watched Julie&Julia a million times. I even followed Julie's blog when she started the project; however, I think it was the re-reading of Julia Child's wonderful book, My Life in France that did it. I have been moved to put on some tunes, fill up my wine glass and get to creating some of her wonderful recipes.

Tonight I made a beurre blanc sauce to go with fish lightly fried in glorious butter. HEAVEN! I can truly say I had such a great time preparing and watching it all come together. Last week I made the infamous beef bourguignon. Now let me say I am not a beef eater (ok I had a short lived affair with it in Buenos Aires) so most of it went to friends, but I had such a marvelous time creating it. Although I only had a taste, it was so worth the 4 hours it took to make. I now see what the fuss was all about (and if the Julia God's are reading, yes I made sure to dry each piece of beef before I browned it). So with all that being said..what will I make next Sunday..ummm ???? Whatever I decide it will be Mom approved being Mother's Day and sure to contain the drinking of wine. Until then Bon Appetit!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home