Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Optimism has returned

So, I woke up this morning with such as sense of optimism. I'm not sure why... perhaps it was because I had an extra day off or maybe it was that I got to spend time with my mom and aunts on Mother's Day weekend(which I loved).
Umm I'm sure both of those had  a lot to do with it; however, I think the presence of the sun in these parts had a hand in it too.  It's no secret I hibernate during the winter. There is something about long, cold and dark days that just scream head home to the couch, tv and glass of wine to me.  Yet once spring comes and I have loaded up on drugs (I've got allergies people) I'm ready to roll. There is something magical about New York when the seasons change, especially when the sun and warm days come around.  Suddenly the train crawling along due to sick passenger, traffic ahead, insert nuisance here, etc., doesn't take on the need to riot so much as it did before. Yup, a true sense of hope and renewal shakes this cynic to her core.

I will admit the work environment has been tense these last few weeks and will be for another few, but somehow when the sun comes out and a warm breeze sweeps across my face...all is right with the world. I started this blog because I wanted to start a change. I wanted to work on my plan B and I am happy to say I am. Let's just say I'm looking forward to at least 320 days of sunshine in my future.

To be continued......

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home